Friday, July 8, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana cups... :-( Original Blog 12/3/07

NO NANAS NEVER!

Current mood:angry
Dear Fellow Bloggers, and or readers....

I have gathered you here today to discuss a very serious matter. As many of you know the holiday season is soon approaching us. So today while running some errands I was perusing through my local walmart like any other person filling time before their sunday night tv shows are on. When suddenly i turned a corner and was shocked to see a "Limited Edition" logo on our beloved peanut butter cups.

Apon further inspection and using my aquired 3rd grade reading skills. I noticed a change in the package. There was a stylized picture of none other than the king himself... Elvis Presley. I am American,  so who am i to judge who Resees uses as their spokes person. (FYI Hershey Company... hes dead... ) But then the absolute worst thing that could have ever happened occured!.... Yes... inspired by Elvis Presleys favorite sandwich (totally rumored) they have incorporated Banana cream into the flawless original Peanut butter cup. :-(

I too was saddened by this discovery. But apon dwelling on it further. I realized we as Americans need to stand up for our rights. Who ever said the Peanut butter cup needed to be "altered". Who said anything needed to be added or subtracted to the already perfect recipe? Yes they started getting creative with the "white chocolate version" I even turned my head and preteneded not to notice the "carmel" addition to the Peanut butter cup family. I even didn't discuss in a negative manor that recently they have added a "whips" bar to the collection. But who am I to judge. Even people without teeth, on mechanical soft diets deserve to know the taste of heaven a smooth peanut butter cup can provide.

But now my friends. They have gone to far. Bananas... in my peanut butter cups?!?!?! What on earth are these no talent ass clowns thinking? Where does it end? First Banana cream, and next road tar? Will the madness ever cease? ... As long as i have a free voice in this country I Erin Belden vow to not take this lying down! We as Americans have the right, and are almost required to stand up and unite our voices in protest. We Will NOT let this happen. This is AMERICA!  If Banana Cream was supposed to accompany peanut butter draped in a wonderful milk chocolate shell then it would have been done years ago!

We must remain strong, a united front. Which is why I am asking (as if i need to) for any and all of you who read this to join me in the fight against the Hershey Corporation and go on a Peanut Butter Cup Hunger strike until this matter is resolved. If you are truly serious about this please message me your email address and I will be sure to forward you the strike agreement, and literature. I will also need your email to quite possibly send a copy of the petition.... I hope it doesn't get this far. Friends, Family... Countrymen... I look forward to your support in this fight against corporate America. And always remember... If your not with me..... Your against me......I look forward to hearing from you.... God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment